Host an Event & Custom Group Retreat
Welcome to The Sentinel, a boutique retreat centre specializing in unique, customized meeting and retreat experiences. Let us host your leadership meeting, corporate retreat, or development and training weekend.
Take a break from business as usual, and let our team take care of your team. The Sentinel is available year-round to host groups for meetings, conferences, training, or multi-day events. You can book the entire property or just the space you need. We offer a range of unique experiences to optimize your group’s visit. Whether you are looking for a week of relaxation and adventure, or want to engage in team building and coaching, we have the tools to build a retreat tailored to your needs.
- The stunning Maloca, meeting hall
- The Sunroom meeting space
- 9 luxury rooms
- Lodge lounging & dining
- 2 Maloca treatment & breakout rooms
- Cedar hot tub
- Wood-fired cedar sauna
See more here
Expansive sundecks, terraces, and a lakefront meditation and sitting area ensure you have ample space to enjoy this tranquil setting, both as a group and during breakout sessions. Our timber frame Maloca meeting hall, with its lake & alpine views, provides a spectacular alternative to the usual boardroom for team meetings.
Each Sentinel guest room is immaculately appointed, featuring ensuite bathrooms with rain showers and heated floors for your comfort. Relax in your room and take in the sweeping views of Kootenay Lake and the Purcells, punctuated by Mount Loki, a striking peak beckoning the adventurous to climb to its 9,200′ summit. See more here
There are retreat centres easier to get to. But few are as spectacularly situated as The Sentinel. We are located in the very heart of the West Kootenay — or Alpine Nirvana — a region of British Columbia renowned for its stunning scenery and access to adventure. A region that attracts seekers to a place that rewards visitors with an opportunity to relax, rejuvenate, renew — and transform. In addition to your group’s regular programming, let our team help you optimize your time with us.
- Ski/snowboard some of the world’s finest powder with our heli-skiing partners
- Explore rustic hiking trails
- Kayak through the deep blue waters of Kootenay Lake
- Dip into the natural Ainsworth Hot Springs
- River raft on the Lardeau River
- Ground yourself with guided meditation
- Enliven your body with yoga and dance movement classes
- Heal with bodywork treatments and sound healing services
- Join a craft brewery tour
- Explore nearby Kaslo, “British Columbia’s most beautiful village”
- Connect in a new way with ceremonial offerings, breathwork experiences, & drumming
Each day, professional chefs prepare creative and nutritious meals to meet the needs of your team. Our menu changes daily to incorporate ingredients from our organic garden, freshly baked bread, as well as locally and consciously sourced products from the area. We can easily accommodate your group’s dietary preferences and restrictions, crafting a menu specifically for your group. See more here
Travel Made Easy
John Muir once famously wrote, “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.“ There is only one way to get away from the maddening crowd — and that is to leave it far, far behind. Our remote and private setting amplifies the rejuvenating experience of being in nature. Getting to The Sentinel is an integral part of the experience. We’re here to make sure your journey is a rewarding one.
- Charter flight from Abbotsford, BC to Kaslo (Pickup and drop off ground transport in Vancouver and Kaslo)
- Commercial flight from Vancouver International to Castlegar airport (Ground transport from Castlegar to The Sentinel)
- 5 hour drive from Spokane
- 8.5-hour drive from Vancouver or Calgary
Due to the highly individualized nature of group retreats, Sentinel packages vary greatly. Costs depend on size of your group and your choice of daily engagements. Get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to give you a tailored quote.