Host an Event & Custom Group Retreat
Welcome to The Sentinel, a boutique Retreat Centre specializing in unique and custom meeting or retreat experiences. Let us host you for your leadership meetings, corporate retreats or development and training weekends.
Take a break from business as usual and let our team take care of your team. The Sentinel is available year-round to host groups for off-site meetings, conferences, trainings or overnight events. You can book the whole property or just the space you need. We offer a range of unique experience for your group to optimize your time together, these can be found in the following section. Whether you are looking for a week of relaxation and adventure or want to engage in team building and coaching we have the tools to build a retreat tailored to your needs.
- Roundhouse Meeting Hall
- Sun Meeting Room
- 9 Luxury Rooms
- Lodge & Dining Area
- 2 Treatment & Breakout Rooms
- Woodfired Cedar Hot Tub
- Cedar Sauna
See more here
Expansive sundecks, terraces and a lakefront sitting area ensure you have ample space to enjoy this tranquil setting both as a group and during individual breakout sessions. Our timber frame roundhouse meeting hall with lake views provides a unique alternative to the boardroom for your team meetings.
Each room is immaculately appointed and have ensuite bathrooms with rain showers and heated floors for your comfort. Relax in your room and take in the sweeping views of Kootenay Lake and Mount Loki, a magical peak waiting for those who wish to climb its 9,000 ft. peak. See more here
The Sentinel has the good fortune to be located in the heart of adventure and be part of a community offering breakthrough modalities. In additions to your group’s regular programming, let our team help you optimize your time with us.
- Ski the famous Powder Highway
- Explore rustic hiking trails
- Kayak through the deep blue waters of Kootenay Lake
- Dip into the natural Ainsworth Hot Springs
- River Rafting on the Lardeau River
- Ground yourself with guided meditation
- Enliven your body with yoga and dance movement classes
- Heal with bodywork treatments and sound healing services
- Craft Beer Tours
- Connect to each other in a new way with ceremonial offerings, breathwork experiences & drumming
Each day professional chefs prepare creative and nutritious meals to meet the needs of your team. Our menu changes every day to incorporate ingredients from our organic garden, freshly baked bread as well as locally and consciously sourced products from the area. We can easily accommodate your group’s dietary restriction and craft a menu specifically for your group. See more here
Travel Made Easy
Our remote and private setting amplifies the rejuvenating experience of being in nature. Getting here is part of the journey and we are here to make sure it is a rewarding experience.
- Charter Flight from Abbotsford to Kaslo (Pickup and drop off ground transport in Vancouver and Kaslo)
- Commercial Flight from Vancouver Airport to Castlegar Airport (Ground transport from Castlegar to The Sentinel)
- 8.5-hour Scenic Drive from Vancouver or Calgary
Due to the highly individualised nature of your stay with us retreat packages vary greatly. Costs depend on size of your group and your choice of daily engagements. Get in touch and we will be happy to give you a tailored quote.